Tuesday, November 13, 2007

iv class

haha so. obviously..we had iV practice today. and i told everyone i'm a super hard stick. even the first time i went to an iV class for practice i told everyone that i was a hard stick and they still tried on me and missed.

so today, we had practice and i went first, and i got it on my first try, but kaylan is an easy stick, but when she tried to stick me, it didnt work. first of all i was so cold, cap refill of like 3-4 seconds and im severley malnourished. haha but yeah. so they tried twice to start an iV and pushing the needle in and out and fanning it and just plain poking around under my skin..and even our nurse educator tried, but she couldnt get it. hahaha and so after digging around for about..4 minutes in each hand, they stopped. then we did venipunctures, and i got kamal's venipuncture on the first try and then they asked if they could do a venipuncture on me, and i was like you can but im a super super hard stick. my ninja fish veins were hiding hahaha. and here's a picture of my poor hands =( they look better than they did right after the sticks. my poor hands didnt even look all that bad because THERES LIKE NO BLOOD FLOWING THROUGH MY HANDS RIGHT NOW..but yeah. iVs are fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home